Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a powerful antioxidant that’s produced in your liver and required by all cells for energy production. Basically, this nutrient is the “energy switch” that sparks life to all of your body’s cells, and is necessary for the daily function of those cells. Karl Folkers, Ph.D., led the first studies on this vital nutrient more than 50 years ago, and he stated that if we didn’t have enough CoQ10, our bodies simply wouldn’t have the energy levels to survive.
Your natural CoQ10 levels are at their highest when you are age 20, but unfortunately they drop 65 percent by age 80. CoQ10 supplementation is often necessary—especially for the sick and elderly—to maintain proper energy-boosting levels. And the benefits of CoQ10 supplementation can make a world of difference to your health and longevity…
- Levels of CoQ10 are normally low in patients with congestive heart failure, angina pectoris, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy, hypertension, mitral valve prolapse and after a heart attack. Supplementation can make a difference by increasing energy production and antioxidant activity. Although only 25 percent of heart failure patients would be expected to live for 36 months using only conventional medicines, 75 percent of those taking CoQ10 lived for 46 months according to the International Journal of Tissue Reactions.
- In one clinical study, adult patients taking CoQ10 reduced their average systolic blood pressure by almost 18 points—better than most prescription blood pressure medications can do—and without side effects.
- A study of patients with early Parkinson’s disease showed that daily CoQ10 supplementation helped reduce the progression of their disease.
- Researchers in Portugal reported that CoQ10 therapy in rats helped prevent the drastic energy deficiencies that characterize Alzheimer’s disease.
- The journal Cephalgia reported that researchers gave CoQ10 to patients with a history of migraines. After three months of daily use, more than 60 percent of the patients experienced less than half the amount of migraines they were experiencing before.
CoQ10 is safe and effective for many serious health problems. For optimum healing benefits, you should find a quality bio-available form of CoQ10 that is fully soluble and free of crystals… then you can experience firsthand its energizing effects.
USANA’s CoQuinone 30 contains a full 30 mg of CoQ10 and 12.5 mg of alpha lipoic acid per soft gel capsule. USANA’s unique formulation provides these important antioxidants in a natural mixture of lecithin and vegetable-derived glycerin monooleate in a base of medium chain triglycerides. Clinical tests performed in USANA’s laboratories show that CoQuinone 30 delivers CoQ10 in much higher quantities than from solid formulations or from competitive liquid formulations, making CoQuinone 30 more bioavailable than other CoQ10 products.
From Dr. Michael Cutler’s True Health Blog